Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life Update


WHIRLWIND-nothing short of how I would describe this last year of our lives. About a year ago, Matt and I both felt like God was starting to call us in a different direction. Ok, if I'm honest Matt felt God calling us in a different direction. In typical Jenn fashion, it took me awhile to catch on. A passion was building within Matt to do a church plant. I didn't grow up in ministry world, so to be honest I was a little hazy about what church planting would mean, all I saw was instability. I am someone who likes a plan and usually has 2 or 3 back up plans in case plan A doesn't work out. Instability is not my forte and I just wanted to understand upfront what I was getting myself into (so I could plan, lol). We were in a good place, and pretty comfortable. I wasn't opposed to the idea, just didn't fully understand what it meant.

Matt and I started reading a book together called "Wild Goose Chase"-an incredible book about chasing the call of God in your life, and being willing to push through the many different fears that often hold us back. Through many conversations stirred up by what we were reading and lots of prayer, God really started shifting my heart towards this call. I began to see this church planting call on Matt's life, it became "real" to me. I got excited! I began to feel this same passion and fire build within me. God was calling us out of our comfort zone into a world of unknowns. In typical Jenn fashion, although I had been cautious up front, I was now convinced, and ready to run with this new adventure in our lives. Over the next several months, we started taking steps towards pursuing this "church plant" idea. Immediately God started opening doors and putting things together. With each step that we took towards God's plan, we saw affirmation upon affirmation that we were going in the right direction.

Long story short, we landed in Noblesville and are currently in the process of planting CitySpring Church. God has given such a clear vision for this place and this community! We pushed and are still pushing through the many fears and uncertainties that are amidst the journey, but we have chosen to chase God's calling on our lives (whatever that looks like). I know without a doubt that we are right where God wants us, that we are journeying in His plan. The beauty of this is that despite the instability that surrounds us, I can find stability in knowing that God will fulfill His plan, not just in our lives, but His plan for CitySpring.
I continue to trust in His promises...

"Think about this. Wrap your minds around it.
This is serious business. Take it to heart.
Remember your history,
your long and rich history.
I am God, the only God you've had or ever will have—
incomparable, irreplaceable—
From the very beginning
telling you what the ending will be,
All along letting you in
on what is going to happen,
Assuring you, I'm in this for the long haul,
I'll do exactly what I set out to do,
Calling that eagle, Cyrus, out of the east,
from a far country the man I chose to help me.
I've said it, and I'll most certainly do it.
I've planned it, so it's as good as done."
The Message, Isaiah 46: 8-11




Check out CitySpring Church at


No comments:

Post a Comment