Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Thanks

Today I am thankful for...

*Beautiful fall days and the change that fall brings. For the fresh crispness of the cool fall air, sweetly mixed with just enough warmth. For the colors of fall that always remind me of a bowl of fruity pebbles. For pumpkin spice latte's, pumpkin bread, and the new found deliciousness of pumpkin ice cream. For the gorgeous fall sunrises that beg for reflection.

*MOVE DAY! For the tiny small one bedroom apartment Matt and I are moving into on Saturday. It will be small and tight, but it will be ours! Move Day brings a small step forward in this transition for us. Our transition is not over yet, but Move Day brings refreshing movement to what has felt like a stagnant season. ( I am also thankful for amazing in-laws; in-laws who have graciously allowed us to invade their home over the last 6 1/2 months and in doing so tremendously blessed us.)

*For a God full of love for me. A God who knows, who understands completely. A God who points me to the right scripture at just the right moment last night when I needed to hear His oh so right words.

"All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you." Psalm 38:9

*I am thankful for artists who choose to do the hard work of creating, who recognize the importance of creating, because from their creations others like me find healing and are inspired and challenged to think more, to see more, to reflect more, and to remember that we were all made to create something.

No comments:

Post a Comment